You can catch PUB at some of the usual exhibitions like:
1. Science Unlimited Gauteng, 26-28 February 2013, Turffontein, Gauteng
2. SciFest Africa 2013, 13-19 March 2013, Grahamstown, Eastern Cape
3. Sasol Techno X, August 2013, Sasolburg, Free State
PUB will also be teaming up with the Agricultural Research Council(ARC) on the Water Efficient Maize for Africa(WEMA) project in a town called Lutzville in the Western Cape this February:
- Media Round Table and journalists' workshop on Wednesday, 27 February 2013
- Public outreach activities will take place on Thursday, 28 February 2013
Finding the new voices of Science and Technology Calling all scientist aged between 21 and 35 to enter the FameLab South Africa 2013 Competition. Click here for more information.
More information on PUB activities will be updated throughout the year.
Young Science Communicators Writing Initiative:
In an initiative to offer a platform to exercise skills in science communication, PUB commissioned a group of young scientists to write popular articles on various topics relating to biotechnology applications. Read their on articles on topics including sustainable energy, aquaculture, palaeogenomics, and more... Click here to view.
Previous PUB Quarterly Newsletters:
Shedding Light on Human Genetic Diversity
A paper detailing the the Southern African Genome Sequencing Project and its results was published in the journal Nature.
A range of teaching aids are available in a number of different languages
Interested in a career in the exciting field of biotechnology?
Find out more!